Who to Contact
- If your mortgage lender is another institution: Contact your lender directly
- If your lender is Tucoemas Federal Credit Union:
Contact us at (855) 828-8838 or call our Whitendale Real Estate Department at (559) 737-5780
- For counseling services call Balance at: (888) 456-2227 or visit Balance and select housing counseling for more information.
- Contact HUD (Housing and Urban Development): (800) 569-4287
Foreclosures - What you need to know
For 1st trust deed owner occupied mortgage loans, there are options that are available to you based on your individual and lender's assessment of your situation.
We understand that sometimes things occur beyond anyone's control that makes it difficult, if not impossible, for home owners to meet their obligations. Tucoemas FCU wants to help.
Refinancing - The credit union may be able to refinance your loan
Loan Modification - The credit union may temporarily change the terms of the mortgage loan to make payments more affordable. For instance, an extension of the terms on the loan or lowering the interest rate.
To complete your request for hardship assistance, please provide the following information:
- Modification Application
- A written statement explaining your financial hardship (signed and dated)
- Consent Form (signed and dated)
- If you currently have a 2nd mortgage loan at another financial institution with a variable interest rate, provide a copy of the promissory note
- Current mortgage statement if you have a 2nd mortgage with another financial institution
- Most recent W-2 tax statement with two current paystubs for each borrower and/or last two years income tax returns if self-employed or have rental income
- Last two months checking and/or savings accounts statements
- If self-employed, last two months’ business account statements
When you have completed the application and have the requested documents prepared, please contact the Real Estate Department at (855) 828-8838 or (559) 737-5780 for an appointment to review your modification package.